raylib is highly inspired by Borland BGI graphics lib and by XNA framework. Allegro and SDL have also been used as reference.
NOTE for ADVENTURERS: raylib is a programming library to learn videogames programming; no fancy interface, no visual helpers, no auto-debugging... just coding in the most pure spartan-programmers way. Are you ready to learn? Jump to code examples!.
some raylib features
- Uses PascalCase/camelCase notation
- Hardware accelerated with OpenGL (1.1, 2.1, 3.3 or ES 2.0)
- Unique OpenGL abstraction layer (usable as standalone module): [rlgl]
- Powerful fonts module with SpriteFonts support (XNA fonts, AngelCode fonts, TTF)
- Outstanding texture formats support, including compressed formats (DXT, ETC, ASTC)
- Basic 3d support for Geometrics, Models, Billboards, Heightmaps ann Cubicmaps
- Flexible Materials system, supporting by default diffuse, normal and specular maps
- Shaders support, including Model shaders and Postprocessing shaders
- Powerful math module for Vector, Matrix and Quaternion operations: [raymath]
- Audio loading and playing with streaming support (WAV, OGG, FLAC, XM, MOD)
- Multiple platforms support: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, Raspberry Pi and HTML5
- VR stereo rendering support with configurable HMD device parameters
- Custom color palette for fancy visuals on raywhite background
- Minimal external dependencies (GLFW3, OpenGL, OpenAL)
- Complete bindings to Lua (raylib-lua) and Go (raylib-go).
Wanna see all functions available in raylib? CHECK CHEATSHEET
raylib is open-source and free to use. View license.
raylib supporters on patreon
The following people have supported raylib project on patreon. Many thanks to all of them for believing in the project and contributing to it.
- Jarrod - 2drealms (@2drealms)
- Kovay Hatfield
- Pau Fernandez (@pauek)
- Chris Johnson
- Joel Davis (@joeld42)
- Charles Nicosia
- Rajasekaran Senthil (@rskgames)
- Adrian Guerrero
- Dani Gómez
- Justin Hamilton
- Antonio Radovcic
- James W. Bohnke
- Evan Sirchuk
- Justin Loudermilk
- Tazd'ij (@tazdij)
- James W.Bohnke
- SungTae Kwon
And a very special thanks to Ilya Zarembsky (@wly_cdgr) for his generous contribution. Many thanks Ilya!